1. Decide what your values around gender and sexuality actually are.
2. Make the decision to act on those values.
3. Accept that as a parent, conversations with your children about sexual behavior, sexuality and gender will happen continuously throughout your relationship.
4. Communicate and respect boundaries.
5. Look for teachable moments.
6. Ask more questions than you answer.
7. Ask other adults for support.
8. Seek out media resources to counter the over-arching sex-negative narratives your child is surrounded by.
9. Be honest about your own lived experiences of sexuality and gender.
10. Be proud!
Do you have any time tested tools you want to share with other parents?
Top 10 tips to sex-positive parenting